13 December 2018
Kia Race Series 2019 details
It's hoped that the Kia Race Series 2019 will add more records to the eight set by the 2018 series.
The male and female winner of the Kia Race Series will get to drive a brand-new Kia Stonic for one year and there is the added incentive of €9,000 bonus funds on offer for course records. Kia will also be offering a “Masters” (O40 in year of series) prize of a trip for two to the European Masters for both male and female winners.
There are nine regional races in seven counties across Ireland in this year’s series which will start in March with The Streets of Portlaoise 5K. It is open to all abilities and is encouraging runners to #runyourrace, be it for fun, to set a personal best or to take on your first 5k. For more details and to enter on-line go to popupraces.ie.
The Calendar of the series is:
1. Streets of Portlaoise 5k: 17th March, 11am
2. Streets of Kilkenny 5k: 18th April 7:30pm
3. Bob Heffernan (Enfield, Co. Meath) 5k: Tuesday May 21st 8pm
4. Braveheart 5k (Trim), June 14th 8pm
5. Dunshaughlin (Meath) 10k Road Race: Saturday June 22nd, 7:30pm
6. Roscommon 10 Mile: July 6th, 10:30am
7. Edenderry (Offaly): 10 Mile, July 21st 9:30am
8. Castlepollard 5k (Westmeath) Wednesday Aug 14th, 8pm
9. The Lakes 10k (Blessington/Wicklow) September 7th, 11am
The 2019 series was launched by Olympians Kerry O’Flaherty and Mick Clohisey.