30 April 2014

A place for everything, and everything ...



We all want to be organised in our lives, writes Brian Byrne. Some of us are, some of us will never be. But if there's ever a place to be properly organised, it's in your van.

Because your van is your place of work, your vehicle to bring you to and from jobs when you're a small tradesman/contractor. A canteen and a washroom, sometimes.



We're just so inclined to put stuff loose, or in a portable toolbox that in itself can slide around the place. And how much time to we waste looking for the equipment lost in the back of the van, or forgotten befause it wasn't in the place it should be after the last job.



That's why at a show like this, you can go 'aahhh!' about some of the solutions from the regular van storage people. Like Bott, Qi, Edstrom, Tevo and Order.



And I particularly like this ladder lifting 'ErgoRack' idea from Prime Design for uploading and dismounting latters from the van roof. Safely lifted, safely locked.

And it's all health and safety too. I remember when I was a heating contractor, and all there was to clean up before getting back in the van was a tin of Swarfega and some hemp. When I could find the Swarfega ...

(I wonder if I converted a van to my office, could I be better organised in my work today?)